waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

another day...another blog.

sorry for the abrupt move, everyone. can you believe i didn't import any of my archives? so much of my life is gone, but rather than feeling nostalgic about it (well, maybe a little), i feel rather freed.

the story behind the abrupt move is this: a few months ago, when i was travelling, i accidentally left the address to my old blog on my aunt's computer. she found it, and started reading consistently what i was posting.
you can imagine family members didn't want to be reading the stuff that they were reading about me. i did, unthinkingly, air a lot of dirty laundry - some of which i don't regret airing at all, some of which i do, simply because it hurt people i love.

it all came to a head sunday night, when i had a conversation with my cousin, and i made a spontaneous decision to close the blog. with new digs, again, my family wouldn't be able to find me, and i would be able to once again freely speak my mind.

there is something to be said for continuity, but there is also something to be said for starting over.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey baby doll...this is a wonderful site. I totally agree with you. I would have packed up too. I'm sorry to hear others were hurt when they snooped though they shouldn't have. It's like finding a letter from someone I know that's addressed to another. I wouldn't have read it.

You are a huge talent, you write wonderfully. It's nice to see you back. Your blog rocks and you sweetie...rule.

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hey Pixie! I love your new name--and your new blog. Ok, maybe I just like all things *new* these days! :)

I'm sorry to hear that there was trouble in Bloggerville for you...but I'm VERY glad that you've resurfaced.

Pixie--dang, I love it! :)

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Claire said...

Hurrah for the new start - I'm going to coming down on the 'embrace the change' side! May I link to you here?

Cxx

2:36 p.m.  
Blogger Claire said...

Looking forward to new installments! And also - Tag! You're it! Hope that's OK, please see my blog for details.

Cxx

5:59 a.m.  
Blogger Olivia Twist said...

Wise decision. It can be a difficult thing. I have all kinds of stuff to say about people going through other people's things..and I just won't even touch on that right now. Probably because it's such a violation. Glad to see that your back. I would have been TERRIBLY missed.

12:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home