waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006

i woke up some time this morning and deleted the post that i'd written some time last night. then i wrote a few emails, read a chapter about throat chakras and lay in bed, listening to music until it carried me away to sleep.

depression, vine-like, is starting to curl around my toes and make its clever way to my heart. i don't have any words right now. i've tried - i have several ideas for posts but nothing is coming - which makes me a little sad because blogging was the only form of writing i've really been able to do this summer. i know it'll come back, but i miss it.

i need to get outside today. right when i was moving to this neighbourhood, i walked through a park and found this cedar tree. i've visited it several times since, in a sort of quiet communion, and as i sit beneath it there is always this sense of peace that suffuses me.

i need that right now. so, in lieu of poetry on this thursday, please accept my recommendation of silverstein's the giving tree. oh my god, do you need to read this book if you haven't. it'll break your heart, in all the million good ways a book can.

i'm sorry i've been so quiet lately. i'm the weeble that's rocking back up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

You make me want to go out into the woods, sit under a big green tree, and read that book. I've read parts before, but I'd love to experience it from cover to cover.

Don't let life and love get you down. I'm sending a sisterly hug!

ps.
I love weeble wobbles. I haven't seen one since I was wee!

7:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home