waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006

oh, meme madness. i think i'm only doing this one, and i swear it will be the last, because it was the first time i've been properly tagged, by claire. (and claire, i'll tell you how to link if you tell me where the hell my title bars have gone. fucksnatch.)

I’m thinking about: what music i should listen to; what the hell do i have against taking advil when my cramps get so feckin bad already?; grolsch; the two stories i have sitting at the top of my brain; do i have time to do a full hour of yoga, write, and clean my apartment before i crash?; mustn't forget about doctor's tomorrow; i should set my alarm before i forget - i always forget; i miss john, and met.
I said: (internal thought - does this mean my own personal sayings? what does this mean?) the last thing i said, sadly, was to my cat bean: i said, and i quote, "you've seen me take hundreds upon thousands of baths before. why do you get so upset?"
I want to: actually spend a full day with my boyfriend, from waking up together to going to sleep together, without one of us being distracted or stressed out or called away. it'll happen, but i just want it to be soon.
I wish: it was two weeks from now, when met and i will be in *****, far away from everybody.
I hear: my granny of a computer whirring in the background. bjork's debut album, specifically human behaviour. the front door of my building closing. cars on the street outside. my own breath.
I wonder: about how all the beautiful things in life encompass both joy and pain, simultaneously.
I regret: not being able to let go of my insecurity and trust already.
I am: incredibly stubborn; frustrated by injustice; inclined to conspiracy theories; passionate; fierce; achingly vulnerable only in front of a few people.
I dance: when i have a few in me. i love to, but i'm extremely self-conscious about the way my body moves.
I sing: when i'm alone.
I cry: pretty much every time i think of my mother; when i get frustrated, or too angry; every time i do physio.
I’m not always:...i put on a big show, a lot of the time. i'm not always the show.
I make with my hands: paintings, cards, clothes, ugly dolls, zines.
I write: because i have to. my blood is ink.
I confuse: myself. in quite the most literal sense, i think my body's dyslexic.
I need: peace. the love and support of a few people (who know who they are). a good night's rest.
And finally: i can't quite believe that this is what being grown-up looks like.

i don't have the heart to tag anyone (sorry, claire) but if you'd like to do this, i'm sure we'd love to read them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Awesome answers hon! Thank you for humouring me. And I think fucksnatch may just be my favourite new expletive! But is blogger the fucksnatch, or am I? I hope it's the former - I don't want to be the recepient of some pixie rage!

Have a great day!

Cxx

2:13 a.m.  
Blogger bee said...

claire - of course it's blogger. i don't know what they did with my title bars, but you should have seen superhero and i try and figure it out early this morning. fun-nee.

5:35 a.m.  
Blogger Dizzie said...

Great list!

Claire tagged me too. If we gain up on her, I think we can take her! :)

7:03 a.m.  
Blogger egan said...

Your comment about crying makes me sad. It's a good sad though.

I make sure to never sing in public, unless it's in a foreign language comme français.

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

I love that you gave some great answers... not just the one liners that I resort too. Hope that you are well.

Scott

6:34 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

i laughed at the last one. especially becuase you make "being grown up" look so colorful.
:)

8:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home