waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

meme, meme, meme, MEEEEEEEEEMMMMMME


well, i'm having a hard time writing this damn assignment. my body's being a bit crabby (because i haven't really moved in a week, i still have a bit o'fever and my head's got this intermittent, nails-on-a-chalkboard thing going on) and i'm getting frustrated because..."really bee? it's two pages. and it's the last thing you have to do before a MONTH LONG BREAK. would you do it already, please?"
does anyone else have this problem??

...so, to "soothe the savage beast" i thought i'd do a meme. because they DO soothe me, for some ODD reason. i like quizzes. always have. remember MASH? loved that too. and mad libs. i just like filling out things.

here we go!

List ten things you want to say to people you know but you never will, for whatever reason. Don't say who they are. Use each person only once.

10. the only reason i'm keeping you in my life is for the money i might get from your death one day. i think you owe me that much.

9. i wish you had just told me the truth. it would have hurt still, but for a lot less. it would have showed me you respected me.

8. you changed my life in a really powerful, gentle way and i think about you a lot. thank you.

7. i'm sorry. there was a lot of stuff going on with me at the time, but it still doesn't excuse my behaviour.

6. marry me.

5. i was jealous of you for too long, but i understand why now.

4. if i had been single at the time, i totally would have asked you out. you're really attractive.

3. authority figure or no, if you touch me again, i'll rip your fucking arm off.

2. i thought you were the most beautiful person i had ever seen when i was growing up.

1. teach me everything you know. i am ready.

7 Comments:

Blogger j said...

Awesome meme. And, yeah, you're not the only one; I have 3 papers due, and I am currently commenting on your blog, and soon I will go to a basketball game. Yes, I said basketball game. Since when do I care about basketball!?

4:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"i just like filling out things."

i'm sending you some paperwork right now. *giggle*

6:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow!! i love this meme.

7:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did that feel fabulous? As I read through these, my first thought was what a great release, even if those people the comments were directed toward don't see them. They are released into the sky.

xoxoxoxoxo

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger a m y said...

I'll be completing this meme immediately. Holy crap! Love this!

1:10 a.m.  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is so powerful my dear. so incredibly powerful.

i feel the power of these words released from your soul.

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger Admin said...

wow, this meme is blowing me away. amy did it, too. very touching and powerful. i might do it, too. there's a few memes out there that i haven't tried yet...

12:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home