waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

my absence can be explained by the word "ow"


okay. i am here, but just barely.

i got sick with a fever on saturday that magically turned into migraine-from-hell on sunday, which has been off-and-on, (but mostly on) since.

this has made doing anything, really, beyond lying in bed and taking long showers to beat the tension out of my body, almost impossible.

can you believe i don't even own a bottle of advil?
that will be remedied shortly, i can tell you.

you know what's ironic about this whole situation? i am sucking up sleep from everywhere - (got some hidden under your couch for safe-keeping? found that. put some in the medicine cabinet behind the toothpaste? that was gone on sunday) - and yet i'm still tired.

seriously.

i'm sorry if i've been absent from your blogs lately - i looked at them yesterday but was literally too exhausted to comment. but today i should finish an assignment and then my last class and then be DONE, so i'll be back in full force once my brain fits inside my skull properly.

11 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

UghUghUGH!! Migraines are just miserable! Take care of yourself, sweetie. I missed you! Good thought and gentle cyberhugs coming your way~~~~~

7:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I am so sorry to hear that you got sick! If I could package sleep up and send it to you, I most certainly would! Hurrah for school being done today though. That is so wonderful.

I have missed you, but I am glad to hear that you are okay and on the path to recovery.

Love to you.xoxoxoxxo

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger a m y said...

Yikes! No fun. Migraines are the WORST. I hope you feel better soon, darlin'!

8:40 a.m.  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

NO fun.
I am glad that you are finding plenty of sleeep though. Keep well rested and your work will work itself out.

9:22 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor sweet thing..migraines are the worst...i always take those Goody Headache Powders -- the ONLY thing that works for me...and yes, no wonder you're tired...migraines can wipe you out for a day or two. feel better soon...sweet dreams...of arizona. :)

10:47 a.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

I really hope that you feel better soon. This cold thing has really been going around. All the best to you.

Scott

12:57 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

i'm gonna join ruby in an arizona lullaby to soothe your tired, swollen brain.

aaaaarrriizzzzzzzzzzooonnaaaaaaaaaa... sha-la-da...soothing your tired brain... aaaaarrizzzzzooonnaaa...so wonderful with your friends... sleep, sweet bee, sleep and rest and sleep... sha-la-la...my dear you are so sweet... just sleep...we love you.. arriizzzzzooonnaaaaaa..
:)

love sweet bee. feel better soon.

1:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take fabulous care of yourself, b-grrl.
((( you )))

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger Shaz said...

oh Babe I dont want you in my world "physically" thats for sure. Sleep will be your best friand and cold washers on your eyes. Im winceing for you. I hope this is a one off. Im also glad its nearly time for you to relax with out any pressure, you so deserve it.
Hugs and prayers for relief sweet. xx

6:54 p.m.  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Dear Bee ... I'm sending some of my sleep your way, post haste. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Much peace, JP

8:43 p.m.  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh that sounds awful.
I am on a break but wanted to check in and tell you I love you.
XOXOXO

6:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home