waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Sunday, November 12, 2006

release

i feel better now. i was able to talk to met for an hour or so - and he was able to help me put it into perspective -
"you've been through a lot, this weekend. sometimes you don't heal on a timetable....maybe why you're so angry is that you still need to allow yourself to feel."
so i did. and he was with me, the whole way through - hearing each tear, then by the end of it, making me laugh.

thank god.

i also read for a little bit, am going to sit and meditate for a while, then i'm going to kick this essay's ass.

...i'm not too impressed with the quality of today's posts...but my commitment wasn't exactly to quality, but to an honest reflection of where i am in the healing process. but i do apologize for those of who are reading this tripe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Well by the time I visited today you'd already written this "things are better" post, but I read the rant too and I think the rant was a Good Thing. I bet it helped to let it out like that. (I was surprised how much it helped me to write a couple of "things suck right now" type posts this week when I'm normally such an optimist.)

So YAY for the rant, and double-YAY for follow-up. They're both release of a sort and that can only be good.

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

i love your posts just the way they are. every time.

hope that essay got a good ass kickin'. i'm imagining you, right now, as the stealthiest word ninja in all of canada!!! hhhYiiiii-yaaA!

6:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a forum for you to express yourself, so please do not ever apologize for it lacking quality...that is not the point. I am so glad to hear that you and met had a good talk, and that you were able to laugh...good stuff indeed!

oxoxoxoxo

12:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home