waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Friday, October 27, 2006

it's a party


well, okay, not really - not until saturday, anyway, when my friend's hosting a halloween party. but BANANE IS COMING TO TOWN TONIGHT.

this will be the first time i've seen my wee sis since early JULY. that is waaaaay too long for the pee girls. like, way.

banane is, in lots of ways, the yin to my yang. we are super similar, (thus part of the same whole), but also extraordinarily different: i live in and love (surprisingly) a big city, she is an organic farmer; i've stumbled around university for almost a decade, she graduated years ago and just bought her own HOUSE; she's an artist and i'm a writer (much like these two goddesses); she's 5'10" and i'm much shorter.

that was terribly fun, and i could keep going forever, but the main thing is that she is my best friend in the entire world. of course we've had our differences, we're sisters - but ever since i was 3, she's been here. she's seen my warts, i've seen hers, and we continue to be as supportive and fun-loving as we can.

break out the red wine!!!!

ooh, i'm so excited i'm wriggling in my seat. it's way too early for wriggling. but hell. (whoops - i have to be at work in 25 minutes and i'm still in my bathrobe. gotta make this snappy.)

i'll be 28 on sunday. SUNDAY! i'm so excited. and then halloween's on tuesday. TUESDAY! ditto for the excitement. i had planned a wee birthday post for myself, but i was procrastinatory as always, so that'll be posted next week. if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because i'm visiting/drinking/working/celebrating or all of the above.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


what makes you laugh? laughter is, to me, one of the most healing things, if not THE most healing thing in the world. and when you feel like there's nothing in the world to laugh about - then that's the most important time to stop. and find something funny.
this is one of the many reasons why i am as CRAZY about met as i am. not only is he a writer, and smart, but we make each other laugh all the time - the oh-my-god-i-can't-breathe-stop kind. love him.

these are a few of the things that have given me BELLY LAUGHS over the past day or so.
  1. i discovered harvey birdman. do you guys know who he is? oh, god. find out. i'm a saturday morning cartoon freak with a huge dose of sarcastic humour, and he fits the bill.
  2. this woman's blog entry for today.
  3. getting emails from this woman and this woman.
  4. my cat, who i'd swear is felix from the odd couple sometimes, fussily coming into the living room last night and telling me it's time for bed. (he can't fall asleep with the lights on, or without me. he doesn't seem to understand the workload of a university student.)
  5. deciding on my halloween costume.

and with that, i have exactly 4 minutes to get out the door (goodbye, shower!) so i must away. have a wonderful weekend - tell me about what made you laugh.

and on sunday, because i'll have special in with the universe on that day (hey, that's when the universe decided to make me) i'll be pulsing out a lot of extra love.

LOVE

15 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Yay for fun times!! Hope you and Banane and the whole darn crew have an awesome, awesome time!

Cxx

6:30 a.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

Have yourself the most amazing weekend you can!

Scott

8:36 a.m.  
Blogger Deb R said...

Aaww, thanks for the shout out! And YAY about your sister's visit and your birthday!!! It sounds like it'll be a GOOD weekend!!

9:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BEE.....Oh, I do hope that you have the most wonderful weekend with your sister. Celebrate that birthday of yours. I do believe that many others will be celebrating your lovely existance as well!!!!!!

10:05 a.m.  
Blogger Hulles said...

Happy birthday in advance! I hope you have a good one, and congrats on Banane's advent. Sounds like a great weekend.

3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Darlene said...

OH I love little SISTERS, I have the best one in the world!

AND I don't get to see her but just a few times a year and we go BONKers when we get to :D I can imagine just how excited you are. Tell sis that we think YOU are FABulous! and we love you a ton!

happy weekend and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL,
xoxx darlene

6:10 p.m.  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

Sounds like a great time. Have a good weekend.
BendingPeak

6:22 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

It makes me laugh to know that your cat comes and tells you that it's time for bed because he can't sleep without you...my cat does the same thing and wow, i mean, doesn't it just make you feel incredibly LOVED? :)

Have a great time with your sis! My mom AND mother-in-law are coming this weekend. TOGETHER! This should be interesting. They are both two of the shyest women I know. Needless to say, there will not be enough wine...unfortunately! :)-

And I'll save my birthday wishes for the big day. WHAHOOOOO! I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!
:)

love ya!

10:19 p.m.  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I just came back from a halloween party, dressed as the paper bag princess. and mainly only girls knew who i was. on halloween, i'll be going to a party dressed as sheik, from legend of zelda orcarina of time, and i expect mainly the boys will know who i am. i am masculine and feminine all in one, and it feels sooo good!

11:12 p.m.  
Blogger Amber said...

Have a wonderful, beautiful birthday! And a super-charged love fest with your sister. :)

:)

11:46 p.m.  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i want to see you in your halloween costume, beautiful birthday Bee. have a wonderful day tomorrow, sweet pea, i will be sending a beam of english birthday love to you. and lil sisters are the *best* aren't they - and mine, like yours, is taller than me. and more gorgeous.. and so taleted.. sigh. i wanna see my sister too :-)

lots of love xo

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!

Yahoo. I got excited just reading your post. Wish I could be there to drink some red with you:)

You sound so happy-that is a great thing right around your birthday. My husbands birthday is the day after Halloween. I just love scorpios.
XOXOX

3:54 p.m.  
Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey Bee.....HAPPY BIRTHDAy! I'm just back. I was gone a week plus. Hey...I missed a lot. Hope you had fun on your Bee-day and with sis visiting. Ciao babes.

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

Today is Sunday, so I just wanted to sing you a little song....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUUUUU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BEE-eee! HAAAPPPYYY BIIIIRRRTHHDAAAAAAAAYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

:)

i LOVE YOU BEE AND i HOPE YOU HAVE A REALLY WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Happy birthday, sweetheart! I'm sending a MILLION hugs!

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Cheryl said...

So, what's the costume? Do we get to see a picture?

6:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home