waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Sunday, October 22, 2006

random thoughts from an uncaffeinated brain

i have a post in my head somewhere, i swear, but i've been drinking all weekend, i should be getting ready for work right now, and i can't make coffee because i would need to use the coffee grinder and there are two lovely women crashed out in my living room.

this is an interesting one, anyway. i stole it mercilessly from claire.

1. Who was your first love?
the first person that i considered myself in love with was this beautiful boy named chris. i was 16, he was maybe a year older, and he looked like anthony kiedis, i swear. he wore trench-coats and wrote poetry and was deeply brooding.

2. Who was your first kiss and when?
i was 13 when i did this summer exchange, and this quebecois boy kissed me outside of our school bus at the mont cascades water park. i didn't know what the hell i was doing, so he got his friend to "break up with me" an hour later.

3. Who was your first prom date?
it was my best friend heath, both times we went. we were both single, and we got smartly dressed up and just had a blast.

4. Who was your first room mate?
leona. she stayed on the phone a lot with her boyfriend back home. she was quiet and shy and had a little bit of a goth streak, as i remember.

5. What was your first job?
i was a front desk clerk at a hotel.

6. What was your first car?
my first hand-me-down was my parents' old mini-van. i drove its sorry butt for a few years and then crashed the hell out of it.

7.When did you go to your first funeral?
i think i was 10? it would have been my great-aunt ethel, the 90-pound woman with blued hair who always smelled like mothballs.

8. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
hahaHA. 26.

9. Who was your first grade teacher?
glenda bowen. i don't really remember much about her, but i was 6.

10. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
i was 7, and my mom, sister and i were flying out to b.c. to visit family.

11. Where did you go for your first date and who was it with?
i was 11, it was with the boy i had had a crush on since the third grade (mike spence), and we went to see look who's talking. my parents and my sister were in the theatre, too - banane was sent down periodically to check that mike and i weren't making out.

12. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
i don't remember sneaking out, but i remember sneaking back in. just by myself.

13.Who was your first best friend and are you still friends with them?
a girl named emily. and no, but not for any particular reason, we were just young and drifted in different directions.

14. Who was the first person to send you flowers?
besides my parents, who i don't really count, nobody's ever sent me flowers.

15. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
in a dorm, with leona. the year after that i moved into something called a "garden home" with my boyfriend at the time, and my best friend at the time.

16. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
it's a toss-up between met, if i can, or my sister, depending on what kind of bad day i've been having.

17. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen?
my friend julie's. it was the only time i've been a bridesmaid.

18. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
usually, pee, then stumble towards the coffee maker all zombie-like.

now, i really, really must go.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

oh, you gotta go? that's too bad. i was having fun reading your answers! hope you got some good coffee in you before work.
luv ya,
j.

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger Deb R said...

Oh, I like this one! Since you stole it mercilessly from Claire, I'm going to steal it mercilessly from you, 'k? :-) I loves me some memes, especially on the weekend.

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger Darlene said...

This was one of the better meme's I read lately.

I just watched a Documentary about the RHChili Pep. Anthony is H O T
(I'm probably too old to be saying that but....what is, is)

My first job was also as a Hotel clerk...lousey shift work...my first taste of "grave yard" Blah!

You're so sweet not to wake up your company. I once ground coffee in the cold garage so not to wake my sleepers...ahhh, bet you didn't think of that one ;)

hugalishness
xxx Darlene

5:43 p.m.  
Blogger Claire said...

Love your answers honey! Great meme pilfering!

Cxx

2:38 a.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

Fun randomness.

Scott

1:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home