waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

the coolest meme ever


"The first five people to respond to this post (via the comments section) will get some form of art made by me. The only catch, of course: as with most memes, if you sign up, you have to put this in your own blog as well."

C R E A T E

something for the first five. shoot me an email with your address. i got this from the fabulous ruby-cube, as well as the divine swamp grrl, as well as the luscious thea...

this is, quite literally, the most BRILLIANT meme i've ever seen. who doesn't want to get some arty love from her bloggie sisters? eggg-xactly. i am dying for the chance to love up five people...(most of you i was going to anyway...) so drop me a comment, and i promise you, i will get you something.
***************************

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? mostly hot chocolate, but nothing quite beats a christmas-eve rum nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? see, i'm lucky in that i'm not expected to get gifts for the adults in my life, (ie: my stepfather or my godmother) because they know i'm poor, and my sister and i decided to stop buying each other "have-to" gifts long ago. so....neither.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? coloured. blinky-blink. but anything festive, really. they tend to stay up year round.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? i used to have some plastic mistletoe that i kept up year round, too, but i think i ditched it in the last move.
5. When do you put your decorations up? i have no idea where the box of "bee decorations" is at the moment. i hope my stepfather is keeping it in storage for me. but i haven't yet.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? my mom's orange coffee cake.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? every year, banane and i would have a "sleepover" on christmas eve. giggling like six-year-olds until we dropped off, spooning, has to take the cake, for sure.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? the year after i was 10. i really didn't want to let the magic go, and the 'grandmother' who lived down the stree convinced me that she'd seen him one year when i was wavering. that sustained me for a while.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes. usually - i don't get as many as i used to, but when gifts meant more to me, i did.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? i think it depended on the year...i can't remember.
11. Snow! Love it or hate it? love it. don't love it by february, but LOVE IT in december.
12. Can you ice skate? yes...but i can't exactly stop once i start. :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? i was 6. my mom made me a cabbage patch doll because we were too poor for her to buy one. her name was maggie. i loved that thing.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays to you? banane - family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? i like fruit cake at this time of the year. don't ask me why or how.
16. Favorite Holiday tradition? see #7.
17. What tops your tree? it used to be a gold tinselly star - the most gaudy thing in all the land. now, i think it's an angel.
18. Which do you prefer--GIVING OR RECEIVING? GIVING. hands freaking down.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? o holy night used to make me cry. there's something about the progression of the notes.
20. Candy Canes? every so often, why not?


Tag! You're it....
******************************************************
p.s. on a completely unrelated note, i feel like i need to mention this. i don't know if y'all have heard of this, but my hackles shot through the roof. i was listening to the cbc yesterday (the canadian version of npr) and this guy was talking about how evil does exist in the world...it exists in the form of people who impose their will on the selves, whether physical or emotional, of others. this would qualify.
how can we stop this? how can we protect the world?

14 Comments:

Blogger BendingPeak said...

I agree, this was a great meme. I can't wait to see who responds to mine as well. :)
It's up. http://bendingpeak.blogspot.com/2006/12/christmas-meme.html
Have a good rest of the week.

9:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got my addy right? ;)

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Dear Bee,

Loved the meme so much I did it too! Here's my version.

The news story you linked to was horrific. So incredibly unbelievable and sad.

Merry Christmas, JP

10:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, i hadn't been aware of the incident via your links -- that's horrifying and very bizarre. sigh.

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger daisies said...

what a great meme ... i'm in, will post mine later tonight :)

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger daisies said...

oh my gosh ... i just finished reading that story you linked to and i am shocked and saddened that this happened !! it is horrifying ... : (

i have no words ...

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

hey, am i in the 5??? i thought i wasn't because of the comments # but now i see you have responded making it look like the 5 had already commented. yay!!!! is it okay if i don't get my peeps their art until AFTER xmas???

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger bee said...

michelle~ of course.

but multiple commenters only get one! ;)

4:40 p.m.  
Blogger bee said...

JANE! I CAN'T COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG! but what i meant as the coolest meme was the art exchange...LOL. the christmas one's cool too.

:) (hug)

4:42 p.m.  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Bee! What a goof I am - I quoted the wrong meme!! Silly me. Anyway, it's all good & the Christmas meme is very cool!
I too have been having trouble commenting & I think it's the whole old blogger/beta blogger thing. I haven't switched over to the new one yet, but think I may be forced to soon. Argh. Anyway, hugs & happy Christmas wishes. JP

5:16 p.m.  
Blogger Deb R said...

I already posted a comment on Thea's in response to the meme (and have my pass it on post ready to go for Friday) so I guess I can't take you up on yours, but Yay that you're doing it! :-)

I'm doing a (slightly different) version of the Christmas meme this weekend too. I liked reading your answers!

10:41 p.m.  
Blogger Deb R said...

PS....Got your note - Thank you! It may be early next week before I can answer it, but I'll get back to you soon as I can.

10:42 p.m.  
Blogger Hulles said...

I'm not really a meme sort of guy, but I still wanted to say hi. Hope that's okay.

4:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I love this meme!

But, um. You LIKE fruitcake?? You ARE a fruitcake, if you can eat that stuff! LOL! ;)

:)Amber(believingsoul)

9:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home