waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Monday, October 02, 2006

apparently, i'm getting the reputation of doing ANY and ALL memes as long as i'm properly tagged. ;)
and since i'm la procrastinateuse extraordinaire, i will oblige.

1. FIRST NAME.
i'm not really comfortable sharing. sorry. but my real middle name is emily. and bee is one of my real nicknames.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
i was named after a character in a book, who was the most beautiful girl in the world.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
yesterday. pretty much all day. it was just a bad day, but it got better.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
yes, i do. i changed it i think for the last time a few years ago. i get compliments on it.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
i don't really do the lunch meat thing. i'm more a stinky cheese kind of girl.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
i think so. it would be hard to be friends with me though, because right now i'm very shy and very home-bound.
7. DO YOU JOURNAL?
not as much as i want to. i tend to use my diaries for my darkest thoughts, so i can get them out and nobody has to be subjected to it - but it's kind of exhausting. i'm sort of more enamoured with blogging right now.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
i had three removed. my dentist left one in because it wasn't growing in. i'm looking forward to THAT (uninsured) visit, let me tell you.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
i'm uneasy about heights as it is, i sure don't want to dive head first off a tall structure.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
i love cereal but i never think to buy milk. yesterday, though, i found this nut granola that sticklings' makes, that i'm in LOVE with.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
sometimes. not always.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
i'm a very vulnerable person; i think for a long time i equated that with weakness. i'm strong enough, but i know not to wrestle with my black-belt-in-tae-kwon-do boyfriend.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
i've been loving the ice cream lately - not eating any, but dreaming about it. the last orgasmic icecream experience i had was haagen-daaz strawberry cheesecake. holy god.
14. SHOE SIZE?
8, but my superhero boots are a size 8 1/2
15. FAVORITE COLOR?
a rich, sky blue.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
right now, i wish i had more energy. i also wish i enjoyed being ALONE more.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
i miss my sister, haven't seen her beautiful face since early july. i miss kris, a good friend who wanted me to visit this week, but i can't. i miss someone else, too, but i'm not telling.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
i would love to read people's answers, but the tag stops with me.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
i'm wearing the rattiest bathrobe EVER, and knitted slippers that are the softest things in the universe. i don't want to get dressed and go to school. bah. school.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
leftover homemade organic lasagne (it actually tastes better on the second/third day), black coffee. mmmm, breakfast of champions.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
a documentary about glaciers melting on the cbc. my morning seriously would not be complete without this radio station. my ornery cat cooing to himself as he crawled underneath the covers for just one more nap.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
it's a toss-up between red and orange. i love orange.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
um. (insert embarrassed grin) my boyfriend smells good. cinnamon. fresh coffee. pumpkin pie. baby powder. vanilla bean. lilac. the sharp scent of geranium leaves. lilies. sage. woodsmoke. the air off a lake.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
met. last night.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO.
physically? eyes. eyes and hands and the way they carry themselves. emotionally? usually they have a child-like quality.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
yes. very much. i feel like i know her, although i don't.
27. FAVORITE DRINK?
if i could have ANY drink, i like a cosmopolitan martini, but that goes down too quickly. beer's good - like corona, or a meatier one like kilkenny. for non-alcoholic, i'm a juice freak - any kind except carrot, and earl grey tea.
28. FAVORITE SPORT?
yoga is totally a sport. and for me it's hatha yoga.
29. EYE COLOR?
"insanely" blue, apparently.
30. HAT SIZE?
no clue. i do have a HUGE head though. the clerks at le chateau always laugh at me.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
the correct question is do i ever take them out. but yes, i do. i've been wearing glasses since i was eight, and i'm blind without some sort of device. i'm even sort of blind with.
32. FAVORITE FOOD?
ooooh. tough, because sometimes i have a sweet tooth, and sometimes i crave savoury. my sister and i were talking last month about my mother's yorkshire puddings. i think right now that's what i would eat over anything else. they were sinful.
33.SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
happy. haaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppy. i tend to get jumpy at horror films, but i like weird movies the best.
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
my housecoat is this AWFUL blue thing with pink and purple flowers. it's a maternal hand-me-down.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
summer. but i love spring and fall too.
36. HUGS OR KISSES?
i love my kisses with a strong side of hug, or a strong hug with a delicate sprinkling of kisses.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT?
key lime or lemon meringue or mud pie, cocoa camino's mint chocolate, (dark, all the way, although a year or so ago i couldn't eat the stuff), coffee cake. carrot cake too, actually. i'm going stop now...
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
i'm avoiding my reading. i should be reading shakespeare's plays, salt fish girl by larissa lai (which is quite good), a psychology text, and life of pi (which i think i gave up on. not my thing.)
39. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
i don't have a mousepad. hee.
40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
i don't have tv, but i'm plotting buying a dvd player. then, i will catch up on ALL THINGS 24.
41. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
laughter of my loved ones', nina simone and all jazz, saxophone, crickets at sunset, the sound of the ocean, morning birds, scottish accents (hamish macbeth, baby. it's been YEARS but i love that show.) i love sound, in general.
42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
the beatles. they get more introspective, which i appreciate, although 'forty licks' was my album-on-constant-repeat a few years ago.
43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME.
oooh. i was in nicaragua. that was far. holland was far, too. i think those would win. but i want to go to the EASTERN HEMISPHERE, dammit.
44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
my first answer was WAAAAY too embarrassing to publicly admit to. i have good focus, when i need to.
45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
ottawa, ontario.
46. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
i can't say. i'm sworn to secrecy, apparently.
47. NEWEST THING YOU'VE TRIED?
trying to work a part-time job and go to school full-time. i'm being less than successful.
48. ONE THING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF.
taking on more than i can chew.
49. WHO DID YOU LAST SEND A CARD OR LETTER TO?
met. he was having a bad week, if i recall. i bought him this really awful lime-coloured card i found in this dusty five and dime shop, wrote it standing at the counter, and stuck it in the mailbox by the front door.
50. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT?
i've been thinking about this. pretty much anywhere, as long as met came with me. and we'd disappear for a while. (japan? korea? thailand?)

8 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Glad that you prefer the Beatles over the Stones. That says all that I need to know about you.

Scott

12:17 p.m.  
Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Bee...hehehehahaha...it started as a tee hee then grew and rolled into unstopable laughter, one where I my stomach hurt in a good way. Your answer to 44 was the match that lit it all. I grabbed my box of Kleenex as tears ran down from my eyes and I couldn't stop laughing. Did I attact attention? Yes, picture this. Three associates flocking to me with huge grins plastered on their faces...saying in unison. "What...what!" Oh...those poor dears wanted to join in in my glee but I couldn't stop laughing to say a word...I just about peed myself. I was so tired from the laughter, but I felt wonderful, really...really wonderful. Finally, I gave a sigh and sat back in my chair...I had to tell you...Thanks sweet, sweet Bee. My Mondays are normally a bitch, but not today.

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Madeleine said...

good to read these little revelations.
i like the ratty dressing gown and comfy slippers.


apparently i have been tagged to do this next....don't worry, Bee, i won't tag you back...
:)

4:49 p.m.  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Mmm..Vanilla is a great scent. And really, any haagen daaz is orgasmic, I think. And also, me too on the Beatles thing. Maybe I'll take this one.

9:24 p.m.  
Blogger meghan said...

hi there - I loved reading this! I liked your answers because I so rarely get to read ones that I TOTALLY GET! (Not enough Canadians on here really!!) Sigh!

(You know what? I gave up on life of pi too - I thought I was the only one in the world - thank you for making me feel less alone!!!!)

10:01 a.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

Great meme! I have to admit, they are the best writing procrastination thing-a-ma-jigs ever invented! But yours was especially interesting to read.

And speaking of the Beetles and the Rolling Stones...I've decided that I'd be more willing to make out with Mick Jagger, but more likely to listen to The Beetles. What do ya think? :)- ha!

7:26 p.m.  
Blogger bee said...

scott ~ i LIKE the stones, but if i had to make a choice between which i would take with me to a desert island, i'd pick john, paul, ringo, and george.

zora ~ glad to be of help. i'm not sure why you laughed so much though, considering you don't know what embarrassing talent i'm holding back. :)

mads ~ so do i. i'm sitting in them right now, actually.

cheryl ~ you did! thanks for linking to me.

megg ~ it was tres boring, no? i think i'm going to make up a peterborough care package for you. some of my favourite things come from that town.

jessie ~ ew. no. lol. mick jagger's lips have ALWAYS creeped me out. if george was still alive, and not sixty-something, i'd be very interested. but not mick. NO.

ruby ~ yeeeees. yes, it is.

5:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool post bee. My handwriting sucks. It has gotten a lot worse over the last 5 years. Maybe I should change mine too. Mind if I borrow your questions?

Have a great weekend!

12:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home