waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006


i'm feeling a lot better. A LOT, in terms of stress and mental well-being. the effects of the medication have finally got under control, and with any luck, the posts will stop being so crazy and morbid...right about now.
thank you for sticking with me, but i'm done now.

what i love about september, and being a fourth-level university student? the unbelievable immediacy of the workload. i'm a big geek in that i like to get all the projects i can out of the way early, so that i don't have to worry about them when exams and such are waiting around the corner. but holy crap on a stick is this a little nutty. i haven't tried to pull of a full course load while working 20 hours a week before and having a bit of a social life (which, i think, by the end of the year will equal bee falling asleep on her boyfriend's couch). this week i handed in 5 poems for a workshop. next wednesday i have a 4,000 word short story due and a 4-5 page essay. on oct 3, i have a psych exam, and then on the 10th i have a 10-12 minute oral poetry presentation.

and i'm a big geek in that i like to get a's, so i'm lamenting all the time-management courses i didn't take.

i'm set, though. i've got a muse in the form of a 15-pound, grey and white cat who likes to sleep on my desk while i write; i've got an apartment that desperately needs cleaning if i get distracted (one more reason why i'm not allowed to get 'down' during the school year - i'm turning into one of those people who tell themselves that dishes are for chumps); and i don't really have enough money to go out. so - school work it is!

today is also the day when HOPEFULLY my tattoo gets coloured in. i say hopefully because the first time we went there, the artist was 2 1/2 hours late; the second time we went she canceled on us (for a valid reason); and so....third time's a charm. i can feel it. on that note, i have got to put myself in the shower because i am under strict instructions not to be late for my ride.

ciao, bellas.

image used in this post can be found here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, I was getting worried about you! You doing well is all that matters.

That's a crazy workload! My last year of university was insane, I still can't believe I pulled it off. It's amazing what we can do, hang in there!

8:18 a.m.  
Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey baby doll...it's nice to see you feeling well. I'll get there too, but first I need to settle a few things at work...F'n egos.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey baby doll...it's nice to see you feeling well. I'll get there too, but first I need to settle a few things at work...F'n egos.

8:54 a.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

enjoy the tattooing.. and I am really glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Fight the Power!

Scott

10:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bee, it's good to hear that you are doing so well. And for the record...I can sympathize with the personal summons for the legendary A's. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you will stream through your classes with shining victory.

p.s.....I'm juggling with the idea of going on meds again. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what medication you are on??

Blessings,
jeannette

7:36 p.m.  
Blogger bee said...

*jeannette,

i don't mind sharing at all. i'm currently on 75 mgs. of effexor, i'll be working up to 150, probably. it's a heavy drug, but effective.

p.s. thanks everybody!!

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Claire said...

Glad you're busy, Bee! Is it wrong that I'm a little jealous of your workfest? I love teaching the littlies, but sometimes I long to give my grey matter a proper workout!

5:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home