waiting on the front porch

she just stood there on the front porch waiting for her will to come and get her she was packed she had a suitcase full of noble intentions she had a map and a straight face hell bent on reinvention she was learning about please and huge humilities then one day she looked around her and everything up til then was showing and she wondered how did i get here without even knowing where i was going? ~ani difranco

My Photo
Name:
Location: montreal, quebec, Canada

recklesslydreaming.wordpress.com

Monday, October 09, 2006

do you ever have one of those days where all you want to do is fill out a questionnaire? to the point where you hunt one down and steal it from a poor unsuspecting blog because you just can't write your poetry assignment? (picture this: take a "large social theme". add to it "something you can teach somebody to do, in a minimum of 3 steps". make it 20-28 lines long, with a 9-11 syllable count each line. now, go insane.)

oh, and i switched over to blogger beta. i'm sure you could tell. it's kind of freaking me out, but maybe it's just because i know i can't go back.

thanks, deb r.

TEN random things you might not know about me:
1. my ancestry's scottish, english, and welsh, with a bit of native american mixed in just for kicks.
2. i'm slightly allergic to tomatoes, strawberries, and wool. i love all three things, though, so i'm willing to put up with discomfort.
3. i hate wearing socks, and i hate wall-to-wall carpeting.
4. the only piece of jewellery i haven't really taken off ever is a claddagh ring my sister gave me for my 17th birthday. i didn't really even like it so much at the time, but now it's become part of the landscape of my hand.
5. i've flown in a two-seater plane before. it scared the crap out of me.
6. i used to eat about two heads of garlic a day, one in my lunch meal, one for supper. yes, i meant head.
7. when i was little, i rode a camel at the toronto zoo, but i was too scared to ride the elephant.
8. sometimes the only way i can go to sleep is to imagine someone spooning me.
9. nothing makes me gag more than the overuse of fragrances.
10. i daydream often about being a professional dancer.

NINE places I've visited:1. grenada, nicaragua
2. all through costa rica
3. san diego, california (lived there for 4 months)
4. london and shrewsbury, england
5. amsterdam and terschelling, holland
6. cardiff, wales
7. whitehorse and tagish, yukon
8. alaska
9. paris france

EIGHT ways to win my heart:
1. write me a love letter. tell me why you love me, specifically, and leave it somewhere where i'll find it after you go.
2. let me open up to you at my own pace.
3. really, really, listen to me.
4. being honest in any given situation, but being gentle in your honesty.
5. rubbing my head and playing with my hair.
6. being good with children and animals.
7. reading to me. it could even be the telephone book.
8. surprising me with a date.

SEVEN things I want to do before I die:
1. publish a few books, and be able to make a living off my writing.
2. learn how to speak spanish and japanese.
3. be able to honour every part of who i am, and understand my journey better.
4. become a ferocious wife and mother.
5. go to africa and india.
6. teach yoga to people with able-bodied issues.
7. grow old.

SIX things I'm afraid of:
1. unprotected heights. (make me dizzy.)
2. losing my loved ones suddenly.
3. not so hot with enclosed spaces, like stopped elevators.
4. being truly myself, with everyone and not just the people i trust.
5. cancer.
6. don't especially like walking alone at night, either.

FIVE things I don't like:
1. prejudice of any kind pretty much makes me vomit.
2. religious evangelists of any denomination.
3. dishonesty.
4. red jellybeans. i've never understood the appeal.
5. couscous. ditto.

FOUR ways to turn me off:
1. lie to me, (or betray me), and watch how fast i disappear.
2. laughing at, or ignoring, someone else's misfortune.
3. not brushing your teeth, or blowing your nose by blocking one of your nostrils.
4. telling me i don't actually feel one way when i just finished telling you i do.

THREE things I do every day:
1. eat. lots.
2. read.
3. snuggle with the bean.

TWO things that make me happy:
1. seeing met laugh.
2. a clean apartment.

ONE thing on my mind right now:
1. i'm plotting a christmas getaway, because the summer one didn't work. all i want is somewhere cheap, and warm, where we can escape for a little while. like a beach with a bar service, even though i'm not usually into that kind of thing.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I think this is a cool meme - glad you did it! It was fun reading your answers.

(I've never understood anyone liking the black jelly beans.)

2:10 p.m.  
Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey sweet Bee, nice answers...they really made me think on what my answer would be. Ha...very interesting. I loved the Christmas getaway idea. I have one too...we're going to Disneyland for a couple days with my cousins...you know we'll rip LA a new one. Haven't done that in a while. We'll then get away to the coast, just the two of us for kick back time. Don't Mondays suck...we really need to take those out of the calendar.

3:32 p.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

this is a great meme, bee. i don't know which part to comment on first though because it was all good. i've been sleeping all day and, even though i still feel like crud, if i can't get to sleep soon i'll probably have to do this meme, too! (ps. thanks for your poo comment, it made me smile!)

btw, your poetry assignment sounds like a killer. ouch. i've never been good at formal verse. actually they freeze me up, right quick! i do, however, wish you luck.

lastly, what is blogger beta? maybe i should check into it....

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger Darlene said...

I love the black Jelly Beans (I had to fight over them with my dad)

Well, after this, I feel like I've known you forr a lifetime :) ~ almost ;) Thank you so much for visiting me and for such kind words. What a sweetie you are while you're waiting on the front porch, ('ll leave the light on :)

warm thoughts
much love,

xxx Darlene

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger bee said...

deb r, i can't thank you enough for loaning it to me. you literally made my day.
and i'll keep filling them up, don't you worry.

zora, well, most of the time i actually don't mind mondays anymore. it was sundays i hated, growing up, because sundays were the day before school started....which started me thinking about how we got gypped out of a weekend. and yes, you should get away. anywhere. i'm a BIG proponent of the vaycay with the honey.

jessie - man, if you're lacking some inspiration, go for it. i sort of, dorkily, love these things. i love reading them, i love doing them, i'm a geek that way. so if i can pass on the love..well, so much the better.
my poetry assignment - was a killer. it's done, (i'll send it to you, if you want), but wow. made me crazy.
and blogger beta - i don't know. it makes the buttons look different, and the set-up's different too. i'm not so good with the technological information so i can't really offer you more...apparently, there will be more advantages soon. i'll keep you posted.

darlene - THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME. :) :) :)
i cannot tell you how much your post meant to my soul and to my heart yesterday when i read it. it was such a beautiful sentiment, so beautifully expressed...i can't wait to read more.

2:47 a.m.  
Blogger Jessie said...

yes! i'd love to see what you did with your poem! ;)

8:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home